Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2010
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,556m (28,215) and income for the period was SEK 677m (664), or SEK 2.38 (2.34) per share.
- Net sales increased by 1.6% in comparable currencies.
- Strong growth in Latin America and Asia/Pacific offset lower sales volumes in Europe and North America.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 1,714m (2,023), corresponding to a margin of 6.2% (7.2), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Strong performance for the operations in Asia/Pacific, Latin America and for Professional Products.
- Operating income in North America and Europe declined, following higher costs for raw materials and lower sales prices.
Highlights of the full year of 2010
- Electrolux showed a record profit and reached the operating margin target of 6% for the full-year 2010, excluding items affecting comparability.
- All business areas outperformed previous year’s results.
- Improvements in product mix and cost savings offset higher costs for raw materials and downward pressure on prices.
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2010 of SEK 6.50 (4.00) per share.
- The Board proposes a renewed AGM mandate to repurchase own shares.