In 2023, the Group had sales of 45 billion SEK in the region, equivalent to 34 % of total Group sales. Main brands in the region are Electrolux and AEG. The Group had approx. 18, 000 employees in Europe.
Market characteristics & Electrolux Group position
- Western Europe is a fragmented market characterized by widely varying consumer needs between countries and many manufacturers, brands and retailers.
- The Electrolux Group is one of the largest players with leading positions in the Nordics, Switzerland and in Italy.
- The Group has strong positions in the targeted segments built-in kitchen and laundry.
- The penetration rate in Eastern Europe is still significantly lower than in Western Europe but a large market for replacement products is emerging.
- The market is mainly dominated by Western manufacturers.
- The Group holds a leading position in several markets.