Highlights of the third quarter of 2012
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,171m (25,650) and income for the period was SEK 985m (825), or SEK 3.43 (2.90) per share.
- Net sales improved by 5.9%, of which 4.6% was organic growth, 5.1% acquisitions and –3.8% changes in exchange rates.
- Strong organic growth, particularly in Latin America, North America and Asia contributed to the positive trend in net sales.
- Operating income improved to SEK 1,461m (1,098), corresponding to a margin of 5.4% (4.3).
- All business areas with the exception of Europe achieved an operating margin above 6%.
- Improvements in price, mix and volume in North America and Latin America had a positive impact on operating income.
- The manufacturing footprint program announced in 2011 will be initiated to improve the cost position in Europe and charges will be taken in the fourth quarter of 2012.