Highlights of the third quarter of 2010
- Net sales amounted to SEK 26,326m (27,617) and income for the period was SEK 1,381m (1,631), or SEK 4.85 (5.74) per share.
- Net sales decreased by 2.3% in comparable currencies.
- Strong growth in Latin America and Asia/Pacific partly offset lower sales volumes in Europe and North America.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 1,977m (2,234), corresponding to a
margin of 7.5% (8.1), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Operating margin for the first nine months reached 6.1%, excluding items
- Product mix improvements continued to have a positive effect on income.
- Strong performance for the operations in Europe, Asia/Pacific and for
- Operating income in North America declined, following a weak US market,
higher costs for raw materials and increased price promotion.
A telephone conference is held at 15.00 CET on October 27, 2010. The conference is chaired by Hans Stråberg, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Stråberg is accompanied by Jonas Samuelson, CFO, and Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation on the third-quarter results of 2010 will be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
- Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at http://www.electrolux.com/webcast1
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0)8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is also available at www.electrolux.com/ir