Highlights of the third quarter of 2008
* Net sales amounted to SEK 26,349m (26,374). Net sales rose by 1.6% in comparable currencies.
* Earnings per share amounted to SEK 2.99 (2.71)
* Operating income amounted to SEK 1,178m (1,152), excluding items affecting comparability
* Despite a weak market in North America, operating income is stable mainly as a result of price increases
* The Electrolux product launch in North America continues to exceed expectations
* Income for appliances in Europe was negatively impacted by declining volumes and prices, which was partly offset by cost savings
* Improved results for appliances in Latin America and Asia/Pacific, Professional Products and floor-care products
* The outlook for our operating income is unchanged. We expect an operating income for 2008 of SEK 3,300–3,900m. The increasing uncertainty in the overall global economy makes it extremely difficult to predict the market development. Therefore, we have decided not to present a market forecast for the remaining part of the year.