Highlights of the first quarter of 2010
- Net sales amounted to SEK 25,133m (25,818) and income for the period was SEK 911m (-346), or SEK 3.20 (-1.22) per share.
- Net sales increased by 4.1% in comparable currencies, due to higher sales volumes.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 1,326m (38), corresponding to a margin of 5.3%, excluding items affecting comparability.
- Strong improvements in mix for appliances in North America and within floor-care operations as a result of product launches.
- The US market showed a solid recovery in the first quarter.
- Significant margin improvements in Asia/Pacific and Latin America.
- Increased efficiency in operations had a positive effect on income.
- Changes in exchange rates had a positive effect on income.
- Lower costs for raw materials contributed to the improvement in income. However, costs for raw materials were higher than in the fourth quarter of 2009.