2009 a summary of a successful year
- Sales declined in comparable currencies due to weak demand on most of Electrolux main markets.
- Operating income improved on the basis of cost savings, higher prices, improved mix and lower costs for raw materials.
- Launches of new products particularly in North America and Latin America contributed to an improved product mix.
- Results improved in all regions.
- Strong cash flow generated by improvements in operating income and working capital.
- The Group’s ongoing structural efforts to reduce tied-up capital contributed to the strong cash flow.
- Extra payments of SEK 4 billion to Group pension funds reduced balance-sheet risk exposure to pension commitments.