Highlights of the second quarter of 2014
- Net sales amounted to SEK 26,330m (27,674).
- Sales declined by 4.9%, whereof currencies had a negative impact of 1.1%.
- Operating income improved for major appliances in Europe and North America and for Professional Products. Good performance in Latin America in a weak market.
- Operating income, excluding items affecting comparability, amounted to SEK 1,167m (1,037), an improvement of 13%.
- Strong cash flow of SEK 3.3bn (2.6).
- Restructuring costs of SEK 1.1bn for the previously announced program charged to operating income within items affecting comparability.
- Income for the period, including items affecting comparability, was SEK –92m (642), and earnings per share SEK –0.32 (2.24).
A telephone conference is held at 09.00 CET on July 18, 2014. The conference is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. McLoughlin is accompanied by Tomas Eliasson, CFO.
A slide presentation on the second-quarter results of 2014 will be available on the Electrolux website http://www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
- Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
You can also listen to the presentation on the internet at http://www.electrolux.com/interim-report-webcast
For further information, please contact:
- Catarina Ihre, Vice President Investor Relations at +46 (0)8 738 60 87
- Merton Kaplan, Analyst Investor Relations at +46 (0)8 738 70 06
Electrolux discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 07.50 CET on July 18, 2014