Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2012
- Net sales amounted to SEK 29,185m (28,369) and income for the period was SEK 292m (221), or SEK 1.02 (0.77) per share.
- Net sales improved by 2.9%, of which 7.5% was organic growth and –4.6% changes in exchange rates.
- Strong volume growth, price increases and mix improvements in Latin America and North America contributed to the positive trend in net sales.
- Market conditions in Europe continued to weaken and Major Appliances, Small Appliances and Professional Products, were negatively impacted.
- Operations in Latin America showed record earnings.
- North America showed strong earnings growth despite extra costs from plant restructuring and for entering new distribution channels.
- Lower volumes and a weak price/mix development in Europe had a negative impact on results.
- Measures to improve manufacturing footprint were initiated and SEK 1,032m was charged to operating income within items affecting comparability, as previously communicated.
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2012 of SEK 6.50 (6.50) per share.