Highlights of the second quarter of 2013
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,674m (27,763) and income for the period was SEK 642m (701), or SEK 2.24 (2.44) per share.
- Organic sales growth was 5.9%, while currencies had a negative impact of –6.2%.
- Latin America reported an organic growth of 18%.
- The North American core appliances market was up by approximately 9% in the quarter and Electrolux continued to gain market share in its core categories.
- North America reached an operating margin of 8% as a result of increased volumes and improvements in price and mix.
- In Europe, lower volumes and prices as well as negative currency movements impacted results negatively.
- Negative impact from currencies by SEK –181m impacted earnings for Europe and Latin America.
- Operating cash flow improved substantially over the first quarter of 2013 and amounted to SEK 2.5 billion.