Highlights of the second quarter of 2012.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,763m (24,143) and income for the period was SEK 763m (561), or SEK 2.67 (1.97) per share.
- Net sales improved by 15%, of which 5.8% was organic growth, 5.6 % acquisitions and 3.6% changes in exchange rates.
- Strong organic growth, especially in Latin America and Asia, contributed to the favorable development of net sales.
- Europe gained market share in all product categories for core appliances.
- Operating income improved to SEK 1,150m (745), corresponding to a margin of 4.1% (3.1).
- Higher sales prices in North America had a positive impact on operating income.
- Improvements in volume, price and mix contributed positively to results in Latin America.
- Higher costs for raw materials continued to impact earnings negatively, but to a lesser extent than in previous quarters. These higher costs were offset by operational efficiency.
- Strong cash flow in the quarter.