Highlights of the third quarter of 2009
* Net sales amounted to SEK 27,617m (26,349) and income for the period to SEK 1,631m (847), or SEK 5.74 (2.99) per share.
* Net sales declined by 3% in comparable currencies, due to continued market downturn in Electrolux main markets.
* Maintained prices and an improved mix had a positive effect on sales.
* Operating income amounted to SEK 2,234m (1,178), excluding items affecting comparability.
* Improved results in all regions despite continued weak markets.
* Cost savings, maintained prices and lower costs for raw materials contributed strongly to the improvement in income.
* Cyclical trough in commodity prices and low levels of marketing investments in the quarter contributed to high margins.
* Continued strong cash flow gives Electrolux a strong financial position.
* Continued measures to improve manufacturing footprint: Two plants to be closed down and one under evaluation.