The Extraordinary General Meeting will take place on November 3, 2020.
Due to the coronavirus, the Board of Directors has decided that the Extraordinary General Meeting should be conducted without the physical presence of shareholders, representatives or third parties and that the shareholders before the meeting should be able to exercise their voting rights only by post. Information on the resolutions passed at the meeting will be disclosed on November 3, 2020, as soon as the outcome of the postal voting has been finally confirmed.
Who is entitled to participate?
Shareholders who wish to participate in the Extraordinary General Meeting by postal voting must
- be recorded in the share register kept by Euroclear Sweden AB on Monday, October 26, 2020, and
- give notice of their intention to participate no later than Monday, November 2, 2020, by casting their postal votes in accordance with the instructions under the heading Postal voting below so that the postal voting form is received by Euroclear Sweden AB no later than that day. Please note that the notification to the Extraordinary General Meeting can only be made by postal voting.
Registration and postal voting must take place at November 2, 2020 at the latest and in accordance with the following methods:
- Electronic voting: Shareholders who are natural persons can cast a postal vote electronically through verification using a BankID via https://anmalan.vpc.se/euroclearproxy.
- Email voting: Voting may be submitted by completing the postal voting form available under Documents below, and then emailing such form to the following email address GeneralMeetingService@euroclear.eu.
- Regular Mail: Voting may be submitted by completing the postal voting form available under Documents below, and then sending such form to AB Electrolux, c/o Euroclear Sweden AB, P.O. Box 191, SE-101 23 Stockholm, Sweden.
The shareholders may not provide special instructions or conditions to the postal vote. If so, the entire postal vote is invalid. Further instructions and conditions can be found in the postal voting form and at https://anmalan.vpc.se/EuroclearProxy.
For questions about the Extraordinary General Meeting or to have the postal voting form sent by post, please contact Euroclear Sweden AB on telephone +46 (0) 8 402 92 09 (Monday-Friday, 09.00-16.00 CET).
Shares registered by trustees
For shareholders who have their shares registered through a bank or other nominee, the following applies in order to be entitled to participate in the meeting. In addition to giving notice of participation by submitting its postal vote, such shareholder must re-register its shares in its own name so that the shareholder is registered in the share register kept by Euroclear Sweden AB on the record date Monday, October 26, 2020. Such re-registration may be temporary (so-called voting rights registration). Shareholders who wish to register their shares in their own names must, in accordance with the respective nominee’s routines, request that the nominee make such registration. Voting rights registration that have been requested by the shareholder at such time that the registration has been completed by the nominee no later than Wednesday, October 28, 2020 will be taken into account in the preparation of the share register.
Powers of attorney
If the shareholder submits its postal vote by proxy, a written and dated Power of Attorney signed by the shareholder must be attached to the postal voting form. Proxy forms are available under Documents below. If the shareholder is a legal person, a registration certificate or other authorization document must be attached to the form.
Shareholders’ right to receive information
The Board of Directors and the President and CEO shall, if any shareholder so requests and the Board of Directors believes that it can be done without material harm to the company, provide information regarding circumstances that may affect the assessment of an item on the agenda. A request for such information shall be made in writing to the company no later than ten days prior to the Extraordinary General Meeting, i.e. no later than October 24, 2020, at the address of AB Electrolux (publ), General Counsel, 105 45 Stockholm, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions and responses will be made available on the Group’s website www.electroluxgroup.com/egmnovember2020 and at the company’s head office, S:t Göransgatan 143 in Stockholm, no later than October 29, 2020. The information is also sent to the shareholders who requested it and stated their address.
Processing of personal data
For information on how your personal data is processed, see https://www.euroclear.com/dam/ESw/Legal/Privacy-notice-bolagsstammor-engelska.pdf