Highlights of the second quarter of 2009
* Net sales amounted to SEK 27,482m (25,587) and income for the period to SEK 658m (99), or SEK 2.32 (0.36) per share.
* Net sales declined by 8.4%, in comparable currencies, due to continued sharp market downturn in Electrolux main markets.
* Operating income amounted to SEK 1,027m (793), excluding items affecting comparability.
* Continued strong cash flow gives Electrolux a solid financial position.
* Despite continued weak markets, operating income in Europe and North America improved due to cost reductions, lower costs for raw materials and price increases.
* Electrolux continues to gain market shares in the North American, Latin American and Australian markets for appliances.