Highlights of the second quarter of 2009
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,482m (25,587) and income for the period to SEK 658m (99), or SEK 2.32 (0.36) per share.
- Net sales declined by 8.4%, in comparable currencies, due to continued sharp market downturn in Electrolux main markets.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 1,027m (793), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Continued strong cash flow gives Electrolux a solid financial position.
- Despite continued weak markets, operating income in Europe and North America improved due to cost reductions, lower costs for raw materials and price increases.
- Electrolux continues to gain market shares in the North American, Latin American and Australian markets for appliances.
A telephone conference will be held at 15.00-16.00 CET on July 16, 2009. The conference will be chaired by Hans Stråberg, President and CEO of Electrolux.
Mr. Stråberg will be accompanied by Jonas Samuelson, CFO, and Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation for the second quarter of 2009 will be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at http://www.electrolux.com/webcast1
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0)8 738 60 03. Financial information from Electrolux is also available at www.electrolux.com/ir