In 2022, the Group had sales of 47 billion SEK in the region, equivalent to 34 % of total Group sales. Main brands in the region are Electrolux, AEG and Zanussi. The Group has approx. 18,200 employees in Europe.
Market characteristics & Electrolux Group position
- Western Europe is a fragmented market characterized by widely varying consumer needs between countries and many manufacturers, brands and retailers.
- The Electrolux Group is the second largest player with a value market share in core appliances of 15% and leading position in the Nordics and in Italy.
- The Group has strong positions in the targeted segments built-in kitchen and laundry.
- The penetration rate in Eastern Europe is still significantly lower than in Western Europe but a large market for replacement products is emerging.
- The market is mainly dominated by Western manufacturers.
- The Group holds a leading position with a value market share in core appliances of 17%.