Highlights of the first quarter of 2011
- Net sales amounted to SEK 23,436m (25,133) and income for the period was SEK 457m (911), or SEK 1.61 (3.20) per share.
- Net sales increased by 1% in comparable currencies.
- Market demand improved in Electrolux main markets.
- Strong sales growth in Latin America, Asia/Pacific and for Small Appliances.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 696m (1,326), corresponding to a margin of 3.0% (5.3), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Operating income for most business areas was adversely impacted by increased raw-material costs and lower sales prices.
- Operating income improved for the operations in Asia/Pacific and for Professional Products.