Q3 results presentation 2009 podcastHighlights of the third quarter of 2009
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,617m (26,349) and income for the period to SEK 1,631m (847), or SEK 5.74 (2.99) per share.
- Net sales declined by 3% in comparable currencies, due to continued market downturn in Electrolux main markets.
- Maintained prices and an improved mix had a positive effect on sales.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 2,234m (1,178), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Improved results in all regions despite continued weak markets.
- Cost savings, maintained prices and lower costs for raw materials contributed strongly to the improvement in income.
- Cyclical trough in commodity prices and low levels of marketing investments in the quarter contributed to high margins.
- Continued strong cash flow gives Electrolux a strong financial position.
- Continued measures to improve manufacturing footprint: Two plants to be closed down and one under evaluation.
A telephone conference will be held at 15.00-16.00 CET on October 26, 2009. The conference will be chaired by Hans Stråberg, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Stråberg will be accompanied by Jonas Samuelson, CFO, and Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation for the third quarter of 2009 will be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at http://www.electrolux.com/webcast1
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0)8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is also available at www.electrolux.com/ir