Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2016
- Net sales amounted to SEK 32,144m (31,794).
- Sales increased by 1%. Organic sales declined by 3%, while currency translation had a positive impact of 4% on net sales.
- Operating income improved to SEK 1,616m (-202), corresponding to a margin of 5.0% (-0.6).
- Stable development across business areas.
- Good performance for Major Appliances EMEA despite severe currency headwinds.
- Significantly weaker market demand and cost measures impacted sales and earnings in Major Appliances Latin America.
- Strong operating cash flow after investments of SEK 2.6bn (1.4) in the fourth quarter.
- Income for the period improved to SEK 1,272m (-393), and earnings per share was SEK 4.43 (-1.38).
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2016 of SEK 7.50 (6.50) per share, to be paid in two installments.
Telephone conference 09.00 CET
A telephone conference is held at 09.00 CET today, February 1. The conference will be chaired by Jonas Samuelson, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Samuelson will be accompanied by Anna Ohlsson-Leijon, CFO.
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
- Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
Slide presentation for download:
Link to webcast:
For further information, please contact:
- Catarina Ihre, Vice President Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 738 60 87
- Merton Kaplan, Analyst Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 738 70 06
- Daniel Frykholm, Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 65 07.
This information is information that AB Electrolux is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 0800 CET February 1, 2017.