The Electrolux Food Foundation has touched the lives of millions of people all around the world since it was launched in 2016 – encouraging more healthy and sustainable food choices among consumers and professionals whilst supporting communities in need.
Founded and funded by Electrolux, the independent, non-profit organization also gives Electrolux employees the opportunity to volunteer and this will be stepped up further in 2022.
Here are some highlights of the Electrolux Food Foundation story so far:
- Food Heroes and other events – 75,000 kids, consumers & professionals participated in Food Heroes and other activities. Read more.
- Like a Chef – 795 graduates of the employment training program that provides culinary workplace skills, with a focus on sustainable eating, to underprivileged people to help them enter the labor market. Operating in eight locations around the world. Read more.
- Sustainable cooking education – 5,300 professionals trained
- Meals donated to people in need around the world – 2.1 million
- Red Cross donations – Almost 2 million SEK donated in 2020 and 2021 through doubling employee donations and supporting people in need through disaster relief.
- Replate.com – A new website launched in 2021 by the Electrolux Food Foundation together with partners Worldchefs and AIESEC, to inspire sustainable cooking and eating habits. Visit Replate.com.
“We’re so proud of what’s been achieved so far,” says Ingrid Mellstig, Head of Electrolux Food Foundation. “So what’s next? Our ambition for 2022 is to engage more employees throughout our organization. The foundation provides a fantastic opportunity to volunteer and make a difference in society.”
Learn more about the Electrolux Food Foundation
The Electrolux Food Foundation partners with AIESEC and Worldchefs to inspire sustainable cooking and eating among communities and culinary professionals, and partners with Red Cross to support people in need. All the foundation’s work is supported by Electrolux Professional. Find out more about the Electrolux Food Foundation objectives and programs on the foundation’s webpage.