2008 in summary
* Operating income decreased due to weak demand and charges for structural measures.
* Decrease in number of employees by more than 10% during 2008 and 2009 in order to meet weakening markets.
* Electrolux gained market shares in North America through the new Electrolux-branded appliances in the premium segment.
* Income improvements for appliances in Latin America and Asia/Pacific as well as for Professional Products and floor-care operations.
* Increased investments in energy-efficient products have strengthened the brand.