The French Competition Authority (FCA) has completed the previously communicated investigation regarding an alleged breach of antitrust rules in France by Electrolux and other appliance manufacturers during 2006 to 2009.Read more
Electrolux North America prepared 87,000 meals to fight hunger for children in need
Electrolux recently held its annual Electrolux Cares Week across its North American operations. Dedicated to fighting hunger during the annual week of giving, this year, 4,500 Electrolux employees helped prepare more than 87,000 meals for needy children.
In addition, the company donated nearly USD 10,000 and 3,000 nonperishable food items to local food banks while also making the meals, volunteering in soup kitchens, and packing backpacks full of food for needy children during the week. The actions counted on the support of the Electrolux Food Foundation.
“Our purpose is to shape living for the better and fighting hunger is one of the most important ways that we can support our community,” said Eloise Hale, Head of Corporate Communications in North America at Electrolux.
Here are some activities held across Electrolux operations in North America.
- Anderson, SC: Canned food drive, United Way backpack snackpack, delivered Meals on Wheels, meal-packaging event for hungry children.
- Augusta, GA: Canned food drive, meals served at local shelters, meal-packaging event for hungry children.
- Canada: 2,000 lbs of food donations sorted and cash donated to the Mississauga Food Bank.
- Charlotte, NC: Canned goods donated, sandwiches prepared for the homeless shelter, and meal-packaging event for hungry children.
- Fletcher, NC: Canned food drive for Manna Food Bank and Brother Wolfe Dog Food drive.
- Juarez, MX: Meals delivered and grocery baskets donated to older adults with critical necessities and canned goods donated to two Kids Care Centers.
- Kinston, NC: Canned food drive for Mary’s Soup Kitchen and meal-packaging event for hungry children.
- Memphis, TN: Meal-packaging event for hungry children.
- Springfield, TN: Meal-packaging event for hungry children and launch of an ongoing collection drive for TN Kids Nutrition Backpack Attack program.
- St. Cloud, MN: Meal-packaging event for hungry children and a donation to the Salvation Army Food Bank.
Read more within Newsroom
Electrolux has the pleasure of inviting investors, financial analysts and media representatives to its Capital Markets Day in Italy on March 27, 2019. The event will be hosted by Jonas Samuelson, President and CEO,...Read more