(ELUX) Kitchen appliances from the Electrolux Group have been honored with six prestigious Good Design awards, one of the oldest and most important design competition worldwide, established by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design in 1950.
“We are excited and honored to win the Good Design awards. It is evidence that our global design approach based on consumer insight is appreciated by both consumers and the design community,” says Henrik Otto, head of design at the Electrolux Group.
The six winning products from the Electrolux Group are:
• Electrolux Full Alu – electric built in multifunctional oven, designed by Roberto Pezzetta.
• Electrolux Range Cooker – semi professional cooker, designed by David Kynoch, Mark Baxter and Paul Flowers.
• Electrolux Visao, – microwave oven, designed by Alexandre Barros Neves and Duncan McCall.
• AEG-Electrolux Neue Klasse, a fridge freezer with LCD display on the door, designed by Alexandre Barros Neves, Michael Farrell, Martin Beeh.
• Electrolux Fabri Guard – twin tub semi-automatic washing machine, designed by Swaminathan Iyer, Andrew Cameron, Nina Sirelius, Martin Alexanderson, Sharad Dahake, Alwar District, Shah Jahandur, Rajasthan, India.
• Electrolux ICON™ – convection wall oven, designed by Bob Martin, Kent Crookshank, Victor Cascianelli, Frank Downing and Bob McCoy.
The Good Design Awards is organized by the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design. The Museum’s historic Good Design program was founded in Chicago in 1950 by Edgar J. Kaufmann, JR. with the participation of some of America’s most important designers: Eero Saarinen, and Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, Florence Knoll, Harry Bretoia, Finn Juhl, and Russel Wright.
Photos of the winning products are available on www.electrolux.com/gooddesign
For further information contact Margaretha Finnstedt Møller, Director Media Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone + 46 70 678 61 58
The Electrolux Group is the world’s largest producer of powered appliances for kitchen, cleaning and outdoor use, such as refrigerators, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, chainsaws, lawn mowers, and garden tractors. Every year, customers in more than 150 countries buy more than 55 million Electrolux Group products for both consumer and professional use sold under famous brands such as AEG, Electrolux, Zanussi, Frigidaire, Eureka and Husqvarna. In 2003, Electrolux had sales of SEK 124.1 and 77,000 employees.