Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2013
- Net sales amounted to SEK 28,891m (29,185).
- Organic sales growth was 3.6%, while currencies had a negative impact of –4.6%.
- All business areas showed organic sales growth, sales were particularly strong in North America for Professional Products and Small Appliances.
- Operating income, excluding items affecting comparability, amounted to SEK 1,223m (1,590), corresponding to a margin of 4.2% (5.4).
- Operating income includes a negative impact from currencies of SEK –442m.
- Restructuring charges of SEK 1,487m and an impaired ERP of SEK 906m were, as previously communicated, charged to operating income within items affecting comparability.
- Solid cash flow.
- Income for the period, including items affecting comparability, was SEK –987m (242), and earnings per share SEK –3.44 (0.84).
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2013 of SEK 6.50 (6.50) per share.
A telephone conference is held at 9.00 CET on Friday, January 31, 2014. The conference is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. McLoughlin is accompanied by Tomas Eliasson, CFO.
A slide presentation on the fourth quarter results of 2013 will be available on the Electrolux website http://www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
- Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
You can also listen to the presentation at http://www.electrolux.com/interim-report-webcast
For further information
Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0)8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is available at http://www.electrolux.com/ir
Electrolux discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 0800 CET on Jan 31, 2014.