For the eighth year running, the White Guide Global Gastronomy Award is presented to a creative chef of international prominence, who has become an example and inspiration within contemporary gastronomy. This year’s laureate is Massimo Bottura of Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy.
The jury’s motivation: “For continuously reinventing one of the world’s most beloved cuisines – the Italian – and elevating it to new amplitudes for senses and minds to explore and enjoy. In constant dialogue with a rich but conservative tradition, Massimo Bottura has developed a dazzling culinary artistry, covering a broad range of expressions from the seemingly simplistic to the intellectually complex. Re-engineering what a meal could and should be all about – bridging history with future, North with South, technology with legend and culture with environment, all with an artist’s sensitivity and passion – he has been a major force in evolving the gastronomy of Italy from a standstill backwater to the bubbling melting pot of great traditions and talented innovation it is today.”
The Global Gastronomy Award is presented in cooperation with Electrolux, the leading supplier of professional and home cooking appliances. Collaborating with some of the world’s top-ranked chefs, Electrolux develops innovative and thoughtfully designed products that improve the business of restaurants around the world and help consumers reach new heights of culinary enjoyment.
Previous winners of The White Guide Global Gastronomy Award:
- 2007: Ferran Adrià, El Bulli, Roses, Spain
- 2008: Charlie Trotter, Charlie Trotter’s, Chicago, USA
- 2009: Fergus Henderson, St. John, London, England
- 2010: René Redzepi, Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2011: Alain Passard, l’Arpège, Paris, France
- 2012: David Chang, Momofuko, New York, USA
- 2013: Gastòn Acurio, Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru
For further information, please contact:
- Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 65 07
- Lars Peder Hedberg, White Guide: +46 70 975 99 10