Highlights of the first quarter of 2012
- Net sales amounted to SEK 25,875m (23,436) and income for the period was SEK 559m (457), or SEK 1.96 (1.61) per share.
- Net sales improved by 10.4%, of which 3.5% was organic growth.
- The acquisitions of CTI and Olympic Group impacted sales by 5.8%.
- Strong organic growth, especially in emerging markets, contributed to the positive development of net sales.
- Increased volumes in Europe due to market-share gain in the built-in segment.
- Operating income improved to SEK 943m (696).
- Higher sales prices in North America had a positive impact on operating income.
- Higher costs for raw materials continued to impact earnings negatively, but to a lesser extent than in previous quarters.
A telephone conference is held at 15.00 CET on April 25, 2012. The conference is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. McLoughlin is accompanied by Tomas Eliasson, CFO, and Peter Nyquist, SVP Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation on the first-quarter results of 2012 will be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
- Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at www.electrolux.com/webcast1
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Senior Vice President, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0) 8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is also available at www.electrolux.com/ir