Highlights of the first quarter of 2011
- Net sales amounted to SEK 23,436m (25,133) and income for the period was SEK 457m (911), or SEK 1.61 (3.20) per share.
- Net sales increased by 1% in comparable currencies.
- Market demand improved in Electrolux main markets.
- Strong sales growth in Latin America, Asia/Pacific and for Small Appliances.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 696m (1,326), corresponding to a margin of 3.0% (5.3), excluding items affecting comparability.
- Operating income for most business areas was adversely impacted by increased raw-material costs and lower sales prices.
- Operating income improved for the operations in Asia/Pacific and for Professional Products.
A telephone conference is held at 15.00 CET on April 27, 2011. The conference is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr McLoughlin is accompanied by Jonas Samuelson, CFO and COO, and Peter Nyquist, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information.
A slide presentation on the first-quarter results of 2011 will be available on the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
- Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
- Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
- Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at www.electrolux.com/webcast1
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Senior Vice President, Head of Investor Relations and Financial Information: +46 (0) 8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is also available at www.electrolux.com/ir