Electrolux today revealed the six finalists in its popular global design competition Design Lab. The theme for this year’s competition is “Healthy Happy Kids” where the brief from Electrolux covered new solutions and bold ideas that will help improve the everyday lives of families with kids. The six student finalists come from universities in Mexico, South Korea, Hungary, Lithuania, UK and Russia.
The winner of Design Lab 2015 will be chosen after the finalists present their concepts to a jury at the awards gala in Helsinki, Finland on October 15, 2015.
The 2015 competition attracted total of 1,500 submissions and after rounds of public voting and decisions from Electrolux experts, the finalists have been narrowed down to the following six.
- Voris: A robot that teaches kids the importance of taking care of their clothes
Martha Fabiola García Bustos, Mexico
- Q.H (Quadruple H]: An air purifier and hula hoop in one
Jeongbeen Seo, South Korea
- Future Classroom: An interactive and self-sustaining kitchen for educational use Tobias Tsamisis, Hungary/Germany
- Air Shield: A baby stroller that creates a pure and clean microclimate
Dominykas Budinas, Lithuania
- Bloom: Bridges the gap between digital and practical education by encouraging good kitchen habits in a fun way
Jordan Lee Martin, UK
- Plato: A robot toy that helps you take care of your child
Mary Pilyugina, Russia
See the finalist concepts come to life in video at www.electroluxdesignlab.com and www.youtube.com/electrolux
Lars Erikson, Senior Vice President, Design at Electrolux and Head of the Design Lab Jury:
“The Design Lab final event is one of the highlights of the year. It is so refreshing to see all the innovation and talent that is out there. The students that are in the final have done a tremendous job so far. It now comes down to impressing the jury one last time to secure the paid internship at Electrolux.”
The winner of Design lab 2015 will be selected by the expert jury, led by Lars Erikson, at the awards gala in Helsinki on October 15. Everyone is invited to follow the event via webcast on www.electroluxdesignlab.com or www.twitter.com/electrolux from 19.00 CET, October 15.
About Electrolux Design Lab 2015
The purpose of Electrolux Design Lab is to stimulate and activate design students globally by inviting them to present new ideas for future household environments. Supporting the Electrolux commitment to lead the evolution of home appliances, the competition fuels new ideas and inspiration for innovation and offers an opportunity to reach the best emerging talent. First prize in the competition is a six-month paid internship at an Electrolux global design center. Half of the winners in previous years have continued to work for Electrolux after this internship period. The winner receives 10,000 euros, second prize is 6,000 euros and third prize is 4,000 euros. The competition also hands out a People’s Choice Award with a 2,000 euro prize for the concept that attracts the most online votes
Visit the Design Lab 2015 website: http://electroluxdesignlab.com/2015/
Learn more about Design Lab via the Electrolux social media channels:
- Electrolux Facebook page: facebook.com/electrolux
- Twitter: twitter.com/Electrolux
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/electrolux-design-lab
- Follow the discussions using hashtags #DesignLab2015 and #final6
- For media enquiries, please contact: email@example.com