A fog shower, a solar air cleaner, and an automatic food composter are among the products selected in this year’s Design Lab competition, which focuses on eco-friendly appliances.
Electrolux has chosen eight finalists to for the fifth edition of the global competition. Hundreds of design students from around the world entered, coming up with ideas on for eco-friendly and sustainable household appliances and solutions for 2020.
The finalists are:
- Return Pot: plastic decomposer, by Juan Ying-Hao from Cranbrook Academy of Art, USA
- Fog Shower: water-saving shower, by João Diego Schimansky from Pontificia Universidade Católica do Paraná, Brazil
- Pebble: solar food cooker by Laura Pandelle from École Boulle, France
- e-Wash: natural detergent washing machine by Levente Szabó from Moholy-Nagy University of Art & Design, Hungary
- Pure Washer: dual kitchen sink and detergent-free compact dishwasher by Tatjana Voronova from Hochschule für Gestaltung Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany
- Nature Wind: eco-solar air cleaner by Bae Won-Ho from Dong-A University, South Korea
- Circompo: automatic food composter by Thanat Tengamnuay from King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand
- Go Fresh: energy-saving fridge with individual, honeycomb-shaped compartments by He Cheng Fei from Jiangnan University, China
All the finalists have all been invited to the final judging event and award ceremony in Paris, where the winner of Design Lab 07 will be announced on November 28. The Design Lab 2007 has a First Prize of 5,000 Euro and a six-month internship at one of the Electrolux global design centers.
About Design Lab
Design Lab is an annual global design competition open to undergraduate and graduate industrial design students who are invited to present innovative ideas for household appliances of the future. The first edition in 2003 was with direct cooperation with three design schools in Europe only. Since then Electrolux has developed the project to a global scale and opening it up to design students from schools around the world.
For more information, please contact Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 6507 or firstname.lastname@example.org