The Electrolux share
Total shareholder return for the Electrolux B share has in average been 14% annually during the past ten years, compared to 13% for the OMX Stockholm Return Index. The Electrolux share is listed on the exchange Nasdaq Stockholm.
ELUX B (10 years)
per share (2018*)
*Proposed by the Board
*Proposed by the Board
- Electrolux B Share
- OMX Stockholm Index
Performance of the Electrolux B share
Electrolux B Share
OMX Stockholm Index
Quarter 1, 2018
Quarter 2, 2018
quarter 3, 2018
quarter 4, 2018
Q4 2017 report comments
Strong finish to the 2017 year with organic growth of 4% and an operating margin of 6.1% driven by most business areas, of which four achieved a margin above 8%.
- Cost-based price increases implemented in North America and Latin America.
- Strong focus on driving mix through several innovations in cooking.
- Re-engineering investments in the U.S. announced to strengthen competitiveness.
- Official launch of the AEG brand in China.
- Acquisition of Schneidereit adding functional sales expertise for Professional Products.
- Favorable market trends across key markets, including Europe and the U.S.
- Higher cost inflation, primarily raw material.
- U.S. anti-dumping duties on imported washers.
- U.S. tax reform in law on December 22, 2017.
Q1 2018 report comments
Continued focus on profitable growth, with market share gains in core brands, resulting in organic growth of 1.8% and solid underlying margins. First round of cost-based price increases implemented towards the end of Q1 to mitigate higher raw material costs.
- Further price increases announced in key markets, primarily in North America and Latin America.
- Dividend increased to SEK 8.30 from 7.50 per share, decided by AGM.
- Celebrating Frigidaire 100 years.
- Overall positive market demand, but decline in industry shipments in North America, Latin America and Australia.
- New range of connected refrigerators launched in Asia/Pacific.
- Tariffs on steel (Section 232) implemented in the U.S.
- Increased currency headwind, mainly in Latin America.
- Provision set relating to an investigation by the French Competition Authority.
Q2 2018 report comments
Organic growth across most business areas with continued market share gains. Implementing price increases in a challenging cost environment while investing in brand and innovation.
- Management team changes and new Group CFO.
- Several important launches; new cordless vacuum cleaner Pure F9, new range of induction hobs and the next generation laundry for professional users.
- Home Care & SDA completed its product portfolio review after divesting its North American commercial and central vacuum cleaner businesses.
Q3 2018 report comments
Strong focus on implementing cost-based price increases and an overall good operational performance despite increasing headwinds. The product mix continued to improve driven by premium brands and product launches.
- Implementing announced price increases in several markets with effect 2019.
- Acquisition of SPM Drink Systems expands Professional Products’ current beverage offering.
- Partnership with smart kitchen start-up "Drop".
- Electrolux tops new Swedish sustainability ranking.
- Weaker retailer demand due to higher industry prices. Solid European market.
- U.S. tariffs for imports of certain components and products from China in place.
- Accelerating currency volatility in emerging markets, especially Latin America.
- Provision announced for unfavourable court ruling in France.
- Major U.S. private label customer filed for Chapter 11.
- French antitrust proceeding concluded.
- Currency fluctuation in Latin America.
Questions in focus by the capital markets in 2018
The dialogue with the capital markets focuses on improving the understanding of the operations, execution of the strategy and Electrolux financial position. The telephone conferences from earnings call presentations in 2018 are available at www.electroluxgroup.com