Teamship strengthens global offering
in attractive category
Multidoor is the largest and fastest growing refrigeration segment. It is also highly profitable.
To develop a competitive product for this segment, Electrolux formed a project team where all four business areas in Major Appliances collaborated. The team included more than 170 members across eleven functions, and was very diverse in terms of backgrounds and experiences. Collaboration, transparency and common goals were instrumental in the success of the project that was carried out in 2015-2018.
By leveraging the Group’s global scale and finding common needs across all regions, a new multidoor refrigerator range was developed. One common platform to serve as the base for local differentiation to specific regional consumer needs resulted in high flexibility and high efficiency.
Multidoor refrigerators provide unique storage conditions that different food types require to stay fresh and maintain their taste and texture. The Electrolux FlexFresh-system provides five different temperature settings and it also comes with full WiFi connectivity.
The new range focuses on delivering simply outstanding consumer experiences and
is part of a wider multidoor growth strategy, with ambitious targets to increase value market share.
- Common manufacturing platform and design for multiple markets results in cost advantage.
- High flexibility and speed to market, as the new product range can easily be adapted to regional preferences and consumer needs.
- Competitive product in a fast growing, profitable segment.
- Collaboration across business areas contributing to profitable growth.
- In 2018 the new range was launched in Australia and New Zealand. In North America it will be launched in 2019.