A clear consumer focus sets us apart
Engaging Ownership & Quality Experiences
Closer communication with consumers using appliances provides insight for new innovations, personalized ownership solutions and aftermarket sales.
Why is this important?
Outstanding ownership solutions and product quality are important for the consumer when shopping appliances. This is therefore an area of significant importance for Electrolux to further drive brand loyalty and aftermarket sales.
- Large installed base of 400 million products gives high aftermarket sales potential.
- Developed a proprietary cloud platform in the last two years. The Electrolux Connectivity Platform, an Internet of Things ecosystem that connects consumers, service providers and third-party players with an Electrolux backbone.
- Several relevant connected products already launched, such as the Electrolux PerfectCare washing machines and tumble dryers, the robotic vacuum cleaner, and the Frigidaire CoolConnect air conditioners.
- In 2017, Electrolux became the first appliance company to sign up with Google Home to bring voice activation to Frigidaire and Anova products in the U.S.
- The Group has joined the Open Connectivity Foundation, a broad collaboration project to continue to drive towards unified standards for developing open source code for connected products.
- Quality is an important prerequisite for the consumer to choose an Electrolux product. The Group drives consistent global quality efforts through the Committed to Quality program.
- During 2018, the Group launched connected appliances in most product categories and regions, such as the CombiSteam Pro Smart oven with a CookView camera, the high-speed cooker SpeeDelight and the AEG connected laundry range.
- Electrolux Committed to Quality program contributes to both creating better experiences and continuous improvement by listening to consumers, prioritizing prevention and early warning detection of any failures in the market. In 2018, product quality reached a new record level with a service call rate (SCR) of 3.3%.
- Acquistion of Schneidereit, a German supplier of laundry rental solutions for professional customers, enables Electrolux to further increase aftermarket sales.
- Using the latest technology to simplify and personalize the consumer cooking journey through assisted cooking, new services and partnerships is a growing area of interest for Electrolux. In 2018, Electrolux announced partnership with several digital platforms to help and inspire consumers to new taste experiences.