Electrolux in a changing world
Our business is also affected by new legislation that will come into force in the coming years. Key forthcoming legislation includes:
- New EU energy labeling legislation and new energy efficiency limits for washing machines, refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers and for standby power expected from the beginning of 2020.
- In the US, new energy efficiency standards are under development.
- EU circular economy legislation is under development
- Australia and New Zealand will apply new refrigerator energy performance ratings.
- The new energy performance ratings will commence in 2019 and will be fully implemented in 2021.
- High-impact greenhouse gases are being phased out under the Montreal Protocol. More stringent legislation is already in place in Europe and will be introduced in the US and Asia-Pacific.
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences that make life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
S:t Göransgatan 143
SE-105 45 Stockholm, Sweden