Be a force for good
As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, our community investment activities focus on food – in cooperation with employees and local stakeholders.
Electrolux will inspire better food consumption and cooking habits among consumers and professionals and help people in need.
Roadmap 2015 to 2020
- Establish and implement a Group approach to community support.
- Together with our global and local partners, explore possible project models, and replicate and scale up good projects, with the aim of maximizing societal impact.
The case for action
Feeding the world's growing population sustainably is one of the greatest challenges of our time. 1.3 billion metric tons of food is wasted every year1), over 820 million people are undernourished2), around 192 million are unemployed3), and 22% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions are caused by the food sector4).
As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, we believe Electrolux has both a responsibility and an opportunity to positively contribute to issues related to cooking and food consumption. For this reason, we focus our community support activities on the area of food. Our approach aims to strengthen our corporate culture and employee pride in working for a socially responsible employer – while bringing about real community benefit.
Worldchefs and AIESEC
Our approach to community support encourages local business units to set up projects together with their employees and key partners, such as Worldchefs and AIESEC. Worldchefs organizes over 10 million chefs worldwide, and AIESEC is a global network of young leaders focusing on global issues and leadership development.
The Electrolux Food Foundation and Feed the Planet
Action is facilitated through our Electrolux Food Foundation and our global partnership Feed the Planet.
The Electrolux Food Foundation supports and funds local and global Electrolux projects that tackle food related challenges. The Electrolux Food Foundation Board reviews applications from local project teams and decides on funding.
The Feed the Planet partnership, together with Worldchefs and AIESEC, supports projects with expertise, skills and resources. Local Electrolux project teams plan and implement the project together with local Worldchefs and AIESEC members.
The Foundation and the Feed the Planet partnership support projects that do one or more of the following:
- Educate children, consumers and professionals on sustainable cooking and eating habits
- Provide professional culinary training that helps people in need to get a job in a professional kitchen
- Provide sustainability education for students in culinary schools
- Support people in need through the donation of meals and equipment, employee engagement and monetary donations
- Ensuring all projects keep local community benefits in focus
- Ensuring the needs and expectations of all three partnering organizations are met – Worldchefs, AIESEC and Electrolux
- Achieved a viewership of +40 million across the world.
- Developed a new internal portal and external webpage.
- 80% of Electrolux employees indicated that they are proud of the way Electrolux demonstrates environmental and social responsibility. (Employee Engagement Survey 2018)
2,000 children were educated in Malaysia, Argentina, Poland, USA and Sweden
15,000 people participated in local events in Australia, Malaysia, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Sweden and the US.
|Roadmap 2015 to 2020||Next steps in 2019||Status|
|Establish and implement a Group approach to community support.||This has been achieved. In 2019, the focus will be on implementing a roadmap to achieve our newly defined visionary targets for 2030, with milestone targets for 2019.||dot2|
|Together with our global and local partners, explore possible project models, and replicate and scale up good projects, with the aim of maximizing societal impact.|
Replicate and scale up our programs:
Additional effort is required
Work has not yet begun
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences that make life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year.
S:t Göransgatan 143
SE-105 45 Stockholm, Sweden