Be a force for good
As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, our community investment activities focus on food – in cooperation with employees and local stakeholders.
Electrolux will inspire sustainable cooking and eating habits among consumers and professionals and help people in need.
Read more about our progress on this Promise
Roadmap 2015 to 2020
- Establish and implement a Group approach to community support.
- Together with our global and local partners, explore possible project models, replicate and scale up, with the aim of maximizing societal impact.
The case for action
Feeding the world's growing population sustainably is one of the greatest challenges of our time. 1.3 billion metric tons of food is wasted every year1), over 820 million people are undernourished2), around 192 million are unemployed3), 2 billion people are overweight4) and 22% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions are caused by the food sector5).
As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, we believe Electrolux has both a responsibility and an opportunity to positively contribute to issues related to cooking and food consumption. For this reason, we focus our community support activities on the area of food.
Our approach aims to strengthen our corporate culture and employee pride in working for a socially responsible employer – while bringing about real community benefit. Electrolux encourages local business units to set up projects together with their employees and key partners.
Electrolux Food Foundation
Action is facilitated through our Electrolux Food Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by Electrolux in 2016. The foundation supports and funds local and global Electrolux projects that tackle food related challenges. Its Board reviews applications from local project teams and decides on funding. Electrolux has committed to continue funding the foundation until 2030.
Feed the Planet partnership
For greater impact, Electrolux established a long-term global partnership together with Worldchefs (the world association of chefs' societies) and AIESEC (the world's largest youth organization) in 2016. This partnership supports projects with the combined expertise, skills and resources from all three organizations. Electrolux project teams plan and implement the project together with Worldchefs and AIESEC members, and additional local partners.
The Foundation and the Feed the Planet partnership support projects that do one or more of the following:
- Educate children, consumers and professionals on sustainable cooking and eating habits, for example through our program 'Food Heroes'.
- Provide professional culinary training that helps people in need to get a job in a professional kitchen, though our program 'Like a Chef'.
- Provide sustainability education for students in culinary schools.
- Support people in need through the donation of meals and equipment, employee engagement and monetary donations.
- Ensuring all projects deliver real community benefits.
- Ensuring the needs and expectations of all three partnering organizations are met – Worldchefs, AIESEC and Electrolux.
- Reached an audience of 42 million around the world.
- 81% of Electrolux employees indicated that they are proud of the way Electrolux demonstrates environmental and social responsibility (Source: Employee Engagement Survey 2019).
- 31,100 people participated in 'Food Heroes' workshops in 31 countries - from Peru to Malaysia.
- 276 Electrolux employees, 1,654 AIESEC members and 89 Worldchefs members volunteered an average of 3 working hours delivering 'Food Heroes' workshops.
- 5,100 people participated in local events in Poland.
|Roadmap 2015 to 2020||Next steps||Status|
|Establish and implement a Group approach to community support.||The Group approach is in place, including 2030 targets.||dot2|
|Together with our global and local partners, explore possible project models, replicate and scale up, with the aim of maximizing societal impact.|
Continue to replicate, scale up and develop our programs:
The next steps towards 2030 will be announced in the 2020 report.
Additional effort is required
Work has not yet begun
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people around the world, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 49,000 people around the world.
S:t Göransgatan 143
SE-105 45 Stockholm, Sweden