As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, our community investment activities focus on food – in cooperation with employees and local stakeholders.
Electrolux will inspire better food consumption among consumers and professionals, and shape living for the better for people in need in our local communities.
The roadmap to 2020
- Establish and implement a Group approach to community support.
- Together with our global and local partners, explore possible project models, and replicate and scale up good projects, with the aim of maximizing societal impact.
The case for action
Feeding the world’s growing population sustainably is one of the greatest challenges of our time. 1.3 billion tonnes of food is wasted every year (1), 795 million people are undernourished (2), around 200 million are unemployed (3), and 22% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions are caused by the food sector (4).
As a world-leader in kitchen appliances, we believe Electrolux has both a responsibility and an opportunity to positively contribute to issues related to cooking and food consumption. For this reason, we focus our community support activities on the area of food.
Electrolux’s approach to community support encourages local business units to set up projects together with employees and key partners, such as Worldchefs and AIESEC. Worldchefs organizes over 10 million chefs worldwide, and AIESEC is a global network of young leaders focusing on global issues and leadership development. Our approach strengthens our corporate culture and employee pride in working for a socially responsible employer – while promoting real impact in communities.
Action is facilitated through our Electrolux Food Foundation and our global partnership Feed the Planet.
The Electrolux Food Foundation supports and funds local and global Electrolux projects that tackle food related challenges. A Board of Directors reviews applications from the local project teams and decides on funding.
The Feed the Planet partnership, together with Worldchefs and AIESEC, supports projects with expertise, skills and resources. Local Electrolux project teams plan and implement the project together with local Worldchefs and AIESEC members.
Both initiatives aim to:
- Inspire better food consumption and cooking habits among consumers and professionals, by maximizing sustainable and healthy choices while reducing negative impacts
- Support people in need – by offering education for employment, help putting better, more nutritious food on the table, advising on cooking on a tight budget, and supporting emergency relief efforts
The Foundation and the Feed the Planet partnership support local projects that involve one or both of the following:
- Consumer education and awareness campaigns, to help people make more sustainable and/or healthy food choices, reduce waste and minimize the environmental impact from food consumption
- Culinary education for employment, to help people in need get a job and thereby put food on the table for themselves and their families
- Ensuring all projects keep local community benefits in focus
- Ensuring the needs and expectations of all three partnering organizations are met – Worldchefs, AIESEC and Electrolux