Electrolux has a system in place to stay ahead of the most forward-thinking legislation on recycling.Read more
Achieve more with less
We are reducing our own footprint by running efficient operations all around the world.
Electrolux will continue to reduce its environmental footprint by shifting to renewables, and optimizing the use of energy and other resources throughout its operations.
The roadmap to 2020
- Improve energy efficiency at manufacturing sites and warehouses by 20% by 2020 (baseline 2015), engaging all facilities worldwide
- Reduce water consumption in manufacturing by 5% every year in areas of water stress, until the site has reached optimal levels of efficiency
- Attain energy management certification for our operations around the world
- Increase the proportion of renewable energy for our operations to 50% by 2020
- Implement a Zero Landfill program at all manufacturing sites by 2020
The case for action
Our efficiency promise applies to everything we do. We aim to run resource-efficient operations as an integral part of our work by applying industry-leading practices. This reflects our values and what we stand for as a company – being part of the solution is important for both our employees and consumers.
We have been reducing energy, water and waste throughout our operations for many years through the Green Spirit program – which benefits the environment and crucially reduces our carbon footprint, and makes financial savings.
Operational resource management – including energy, water and waste – is coordinated globally with a common process and strategy wherever in the world we operate. Best practice is shared among manufacturing sites through our Green Spirit program.
Action plans include energy management, technological investments and employee awareness raising and behavioral change. Every facility reports energy and water consumption data on a monthly basis, and this data is aggregated on a regional and global level against monthly performance indicators. We have both relative and absolute targets for energy consumption.
All Electrolux sites are evaluated and certified annually according to the Green Spirit program criteria, which include energy performance, management, engagement and implemented actions. The program criteria are reviewed on an annual basis.
In addition, our renewable energy target is tracked on an annual basis and reviewed on a Group level. We are raising our level of ambition with renewable energy sources, such as hydro, solar, wind and biomass. We also learn from existing onsite renewable installations and explore new projects around the world.
Our Zero Landfill program has the objective to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill or incinerated without energy recovery. To achieve this, we work to reduce the waste we generate, and identify opportunities for reusing waste materials.
- Following a decade of prioritized investments with good payback periods, it is becoming increasingly challenging to realize new savings with acceptable payback periods