Strong sales and earnings improvement. Electrolux generated a record-high organic sales growth during the second quarter and improved its earnings significantly compared to the same period of last year.Read more
Interim Report Q2 2012 Results Presentation
Highlights of the second quarter of 2012.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 27,763m (24,143) and income for the period was SEK 763m (561), or SEK 2.67 (1.97) per share.
- Net sales improved by 15%, of which 5.8% was organic growth, 5.6 % acquisitions and 3.6% changes in exchange rates.
- Strong organic growth, especially in Latin America and Asia, contributed to the favorable development of net sales.
- Europe gained market share in all product categories for core appliances.
- Operating income improved to SEK 1,150m (745), corresponding to a margin of 4.1% (3.1).
- Higher sales prices in North America had a positive impact on operating income.
- Improvements in volume, price and mix contributed positively to results in Latin America.
- Higher costs for raw materials continued to impact earnings negatively, but to a lesser extent than in previous quarters. These higher costs were offset by operational efficiency.
- Strong cash flow in the quarter.
|Electrolux Presentation Q2 2012 July 19, 2012 - Language: English||July 19, 2012||English|
|Electrolux Interim Report Q2 2012 July 19, 2012 - Language: English||July 19, 2012||English|
Topics and categories
Electrolux Interim Report Q2 2012
Net sales amounted to SEK 27,763m (24,143) and income for the period was SEK 763m (561), or SEK 2.67 (1.97) per share.Read more