Electrolux is showing a number of new appliances for the North American market at the 2018 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS), taking place in Orlando, USA.Read more
Electrolux Inspiration range being launched in Europe
At the design fair in Milan, Italy, end of April, Electrolux presented the Inspiration range – its entirely new kitchen and laundry range for the European markets. The new appliances help make it easier to achieve outstanding results at home. They come in distinctive, modern design that suits most kitchens.
Electrolux estimates it has equipped nearly half of the kitchens in all three star Michelin restaurants across Europe. This professional experience has been transferred into the new Inspiration appliance range. Many of the latest features and functionalities have been inspired by the company’s decades of equipping restaurant kitchens, then adapted for home appliances. For example:
- The CombiSteam oven uses a combination of steam-plus-hot-air, a cooking method invented by Electrolux for professionals. Cooking with steam prevents cross-contamination of flavors, making it possible to cook more dishes at the same time, as professionals often do. The latest model is a full 74 liters and a new shelf system offers the possibility of up to nine shelf positions with repositionable telescopic runners, making it possible to cook on three levels at the same time. Electrolux has also made it easier to use a temperature probe, which professionals rely on, by mounting it on the front of the cavity.
- The Inspiro oven is based on the knowledge of several chefs from across Europe. We looked into their preparation methods of about 12,000 dishes. Based upon this we built sequences that, using the parameters of core-temperature and volume, identify the optimal cooking method.
- New InfinitePro induction hobs offer flexible, pre-set heat zones like professionals use to cook multiple dishes at the same time. They also have intuitive touch controls that make it easier to control heat as precisely as professionals do.
- Gas hobs are now equipped with the company’s vertical flame burner, which was adapted from professional equipment to heat pans more evenly and efficiently.
- The GemLine series of modules offers a way to have the kind of bespoke cooking environment that professionals demand, with a choice of everything from paella modules to teppanyaki grills to wok burners.
- RealLife dishwasher models are designed with a “just put it all in” loading philosophy, which comes from the fast-paced world of professional kitchens, where no one has time to meticulously arrange and rearrange the dishes to get everything to fit. They also have an optical sensing system that continuously monitors the wash to achieve optimal water and energy consumption.
- Professional chefs count on using the best possible ingredients. New fridge-freezers keep food fresh longer thanks to TwinTech, which employs a single compressor to run dual cooling systems, thereby maintaining optimal humidity in the fridge while offering frost-free performance in the freezer. MultiFlow further enhances cooling by keeping temperature and humidity consistent at all levels of the fridge.
- Hoods, dishwashers, fridges, washing machines and dryers are powered by quiet, efficient, brushless electric motors developed for professionals and so reliable that the motors come with a 10-year warranty.
- Washing machines and dryers offer steam cycles to de-wrinkle and refresh clothes. Some models are certified Woolmark Gold, which means that even delicate items can be cleaned at home instead of by a professional laundry.
Architectural and authentic
The Inspiration range offers full visual alignment across all product categories – hobs, ovens, hoods, fridges, dishwashers and even washers and dryers. Modern, architectural lines and authentic materials aim to make the appliances elegant and distinctive, yet easy to adapt to different kitchen environments. A distinctive flow line creates a thematic unity across all of the products.
To maximize integration and allow flexibility in configuring the kitchen, edges, doors and panels are aligned both vertically and horizontally, from ovens to warming drawers to coffee machines. This means the appliances line up precisely whether they are installed side by side, stacked, or arranged in a square grouping of four.
Intuitive user interfaces also present a consistent graphic profile. Menus have been re-thought to make it possible to access clever functions in a more natural way with fewer steps. The menus also follow a consistent logic across all product categories for “learn once, use everywhere” ease of use.
Topics and categories
Read more within News
10 stories about food waste is a documentary created by Electrolux together with food- pioneers Dan Barber, Anastasia Cole Plakias, Johan Jörgesen and Tristram Stuart.Read more
Electrolux held its fifth Supplier Awards event in November 2017 in Stockholm, recognizing its top direct material and logistics suppliers for outstanding performance.Read more